Friday, July 28, 2006

The Sticky Debate

I spent an hour last night trying to get the sticky residue from some nametags off of Baby bee's bottles.

Needless to say, I hate most things sticky. I hate sticky floors, sticky fly traps, sticky hands, sticky drawers, price stickers, even hairspray (way to sticky for this Bee.) I am pretty sure I have tried every sticky residue/gunk remover on the market. None have yet to meet my full approval.

As a mother, this Queen Bee is placed smack-dab in the middle of the sticky debate. I am not one to argue the benefits of labeling my children and their stuff. I would much rather only my child uses his sippy cup rather than Stanley-Sick-Alot, who happens to attend the same nursery class at church. And I know that the special/caring people who willingly give their time and talents to take care of our children can't always keep track of 10 un-named sippy cups but I hate, hate, hate the sticky aftermath of the afore mentioned nametags.

To combat Mr. Sticky I have come up with my blog's first "Mama Tip"

Mama Tip #1: Use Scotch's "Matte Finish Magic Tape" to label your child and their stuff. The Scotch tape will stick for the necessary time and will come off remarkably un-sticky at the time of your choosing. Also, use a permanent marker to write your child's name...it will not rub off of the matte finish.

*Special thanks to the innovators at 3M who really did make this tape magic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If for some reason you were not able to use the "Magic tape", I have found that lighter fulid works wonders. Just a little squirt on a papertowel and a little scrub...VOILA! The only downfall is the awful smell. Try it...it works! :)