Monday, January 29, 2007

Sick and Tired

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

This past week, the usual frenzied hum in our hive has slowed to an almost catatonic state. It all started with Busy bee, followed by myself and Baby bee and is finalizing with Hubbee. We have each in turn coughed, sneezed, wheezed, spit-up phelm, blew out "boogies", and whined.

This is the first family-wide sickness our hive has endured and I sure wish it would be the last. I never realized how trying it is as a mother to care for a sick family. I can handle the constant nose dripage but I can't handle the whining. Everything seemed to make Busy bee sad, mad or frustrated. He spent the majority of the past week crying and I spent the majority of the last week consoling him, all the while trying not to think "bad" thoughts. It is so frustrating to deal with a sick and mopey child. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be sick, not be able to describe what hurts, and to deal with a grumpy mom.

This week has blatantly showed my downfalls as a mother. Not only am I impatient but I quickly lose all sense of compassion. And that which I most despised in the sick Busy bee's character, the whining, I myself am prone to do. I hope to learn and improve in these areas but I sure hope that the good Lord doesn't have any plans in the near future to "teach" me in the same manner which I have been thus taught.

No comments: