Wednesday, August 02, 2006

All Is Well

Well, the little bees seem to be surviving without me...pretty well from the sound of it. Actually, it sounds like they are being spoiled. Their grandparents' good-hearted spoiling is most assuredly going to mean that I will have one heck of a time getting my bees back into their schedules.

My mom told me on the phone last night not to be surprised if Baby bee holds a grudge against me for a few hours or even a few days when I get back. She told me Baby bee gets upset and cries if she sees someone who has long brown hair like mine...I guess it reminds her that I am NOT there and NOT taking care of her. Needless to say, her "mama left me and I am sad" dramatics get her a full hour of "x's and o's" from an all too willing set of grandparents.

Busy bee, on the other hand, doesn't seem too upset to be left and still kisses my picture when he walks by it. However at Grandma and Grandpa's, he has become a dedicated lover of Diet Coke (an addiction we never feed at home.) I am told he gets to go with Grandpa every couple of days to the local convenience store to get a 52 oz. "cold drink" (that's what Grandpa calls a soda.) Because Busy bee was having a hard time sharing, Grandpa now gets them two straws so they can drink out of the insanely large cup at the same time. Luckily, he doesn't have all that many teeth because he doesn't like to brush his teeth and I don't want my 21 month old to have a mouth full of cavities. Hubbee and I joke that when we pick him up from the airport that his first words to us will be, "Busy bee want cold drink!"

Granted that I will have a hard time getting my little bees "un-spoiled," I am ever so grateful that they are blessed enough to have Grandparents that think the world of them. And for that, a few more days of "cold drinks" and "x's and o's" would do us all a world of good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clever. Hope to read more