Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Opening Day

Our neighborhood pool officially opened Mother's Day weekend. For a pool lovin' bee like me, it was an excellent way to spend my Mother's Day. This pool literally has everything - lap lanes, a splash pad, a lazy river, beach-front access, slides, large shade umbrellas that cover parts of the pool, and a waterfall. And, it is all within walking distance from our new house! We stayed for four hours and didn't hear a single complaint or whine come out of the little bees' mouths. In fact, they loved it so much that every day since they've asked when were are going to go back. Little do they know that I plan to have us there daily (even if it is just so I can get them to take an afternoon nap.)

Hey, don't judge, someone has to be the so-called "pool rats" that are there rain or shine - it just wouldn't be a pool if there weren't. Besides, after six years of lifeguarding as a teenager, I think I've earned my dues.
Busy bee thinks 95 degrees doesn't feel quite so bad when you are in the water!
Hubbee and Bella bee gaining the courage to swim under the waterfall

Bella bee checking out the beach front access

Momma bee and Busy bee enjoying the splash pad




1 comment:

Kelly Kuch said...

Looks like so much fun!